Internet Safety Lists for Children
- Never post your real name online.
- Never give out your real name to strangers online.
- Never give out your home state, city, town or address to strangers online.
- Never give out your passwords to anyone online.
- Never tell strangers online the school you go to.
- Online users may not be who they claim to be. Older adults may pretend to be younger age than they actually are, pretend where they come from and also pretend their gender as well.
- Online users may pose as website representatives and ask you for your password. Do not give it out. Real website representatives will never ask you for your password because it is secret and should only be known by you.
Internet Safety Lists for Parents and Children
- Essentially you take the time to educate yourself on online child safety issues.
- The online world is new and will only get bigger.
- Your children will spend online communicating with their friends so you will need to learn all you can to educate them on safety issues.
For more information on internet safety please visit these websites specialising on internet safety